Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How to call out from work

Me: Hey, boss. Sorry I can't make it into work today.

Boss: Oh. Well, are you sick? You'll need to bring in a doctor's note if you're sick.

Me: Sick. No, I'm fine. I just don't feel like coming in today. I wanna use one of my sick days through.

Boss: I'm sorry, but you just can't do that. You're just gonna have to come in.

Me: Why? Cause I'm not sick? Oh, well i guess I...my car won't start...my wife...um... is having...a baby? I mean screw it, it's just one day. I mean c'mon.

Boss: Sorry, but we really need you here today. You're just gonna have to come in.

Me: Listen, I'm not coming in. It's just not happening. I have sick days, so what if I'm not acually sick. Use 'em. Listen, that place ain't gonna burn down if I'm not there. Plus if it does, at least I won't be there. Fuck man. (Hangs up the phone.) What a douchebag. Playstation, here I come.

Boss: Hello?

No comments: